Hi

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Doodles (not the noodley kind)

So I was looking through some old stuff over the weekend and came across a sketch book from a few years ago. I used to do work like this all the time, pure stream of consciousness - I was always surprised at what would come out. Technically I know these drawings aren't that great, but I do think they look kind of cool (especially when the whole page is filled up). Just seeing this again makes me want to go order another rapidograph (since they don't make rapidoliners anymore) that would probably get clogged up and rendered useless within two days.

Anyway, here's one of my drawings:

doodles

and another:

old ink drawing 2

If nothing else I think it's kind of interesting to see how much my style has evolved over the years. Speaking of which, I finally found photos of some paintings I did ~20-23 years ago! The paintings themselves are still lost somewhere in my house, and when I find them again I want to get decent scans. There are a couple that didn't make it to the photo session so I'd especially love to get pix of those. Anyway, I was pretty depressed back in those days & my paintings were a lot darker. Now I can finally update the "Oldeys" section of my website! Yay!

2 comments:

lilly piri said...

those are cool drawings! i cant wait to see your 'oldeys' as well.

Vicky Knowles said...

Thanks Lilly, it's fun going through the old stuff. Until I find the actual paintings, all I have are 3x5 photos that I scanned, the quality isn't that great, unfortunately. My paintings back then were quite a bit larger than what I do now!